Welcome 2017 Spring League! We are excited to get the season going this weekend.
Below you’ll find a few reminders, team rosters, captains, and color assignments. We’ve also included the full season schedule and the league rules. Please read through everything carefully and email Cam (firstname.lastname@example.org)/Hayley (email@example.com) back with any questions. Otherwise, just expect to hear from your captains via email sometime in the next few days, and get pumped to play!
- We may not have jerseys ready for the first game, so make sure to bring a white shirt and a dark shirt, plus water and tennis shoes or turf shoes (NO CLEATS are allowed on SCOR’s fields)
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled game to meet your team and sign a waiver
- All games are on the large indoor field at SCOR (Sports Center of Richmond)
In-bounds and out-of-bounds
- The walls and ceiling are out-of-bounds.
- The nets, team boxes, ceilings, and soccer goal are out-of-bounds; the opposing team will establish a pivot where the disc lands or where it crosses the perimeter.
- The end-zone lines are not a part of the end-zone itself (the line is OUTside the end-zone).
- The brick mark for when a pull lands out of bounds is the point on the center circle closest to your own goal line
Time restricted pulls
- Pulls must occur within twenty-five seconds of the previous score. By the 20 second mark after each point, the defense must raise their hand and the offense have until the 25 second mark to raise their hand to indicate readiness.
- Penalty: If the defensive team does not raise their hand within the 20 seconds, the offensive team can take the disc at half-field.
- Penalty: If the offensive team does not raise their hand within the 25 seconds, the defensive team may pull the disc without a signal of readiness from the offense.
- 25 minute halves with a 2 minute halftime and 8 minutes between games
- Each half will end at the sound of the timer or at the indication of the scorekeeper. If a disc is in the air as the timer goes off, the half will end immediately following the completion of the play.
- Score and time will be kept by “scorekeepers” and can be viewed on the wall
- No time-outs
- All injuries and calls within the last 30 seconds of the game will stop the clock until the disc is checked back in
Ties will stand in the regular season, but in the playoffs play will continue until there is a result.
All other rules (pick, foul, travel, etc.) apply according to the 11th edition rule book, including substitutions.
Alternates will be solicited to play starting Sunday, March 19 and will be handled on a week-by-week basis. If you would like to put your name in the pool for alternates throughout the span of the league (3/19-5/14, games 1-4pm), please email firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com by Thursday, 3/16 at 8pm. For this first week, please note if you’re available THIS Sunday, 3/19. We will place alternates first-come first-served on teams until spots are filled. We will inform alternates of placements by as soon as possible on Friday or Saturday.
In subsequent weeks, we will send out an email to all alternate candidates (instead of the whole Richmond Ultimate community), indicating how many total spots will be available among all the teams for the Sunday at hand. If you are available and interested in playing, communicate that to us, again, no later than 8pm on the prior Thursday. If you end up not being able to serve after all, please email us ASAP so that teams are not left hanging and other alternates get a chance to play.
Ultimately, alternate assignments and decisions are up to the Co-Commissioners, as sometimes unforeseen or extenuating circumstances may require last-minute adjustments. Registered, drafted players assigned to a team are NOT eligible to serve as an alternate unless there are extenuating circumstances, as determined by the Co-Commissioners.
There is no cost/risk to you for being an alternate. You only pay if you get to play. Richmond Ultimate will charge you $10 for the first game, and $8 for each additional game. Payment is due before gametime, no exceptions. (You may pay via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or pay cash to Cam Barnhardt or Hayley SooHoo at SCOR. If you pay via PayPal, bring your confirmation receipt to SCOR with you).
Isaac Bernstein Miller
Andrew di Stefano
Mary Helen Simpson
SCHEDULE (no games 4/16):
1pm – Hot Pink vs Royal Blue
2pm – Charcoal vs Cardinal
3pm – Purple vs Forest Green
1pm – Royal Blue vs Purple
2pm – Charcoal vs Hot Pink
3pm – Cardinal vs Forest Green
1pm – Purple vs Charcoal
2pm – Forest Green vs Royal Blue
3pm – Hot Pink vs Cardinal
1pm – Purple vs Hot Pink
2pm – Cardinal vs Royal Blue
3pm – Forest Green vs Charcoal
1pm – Charcoal vs Royal Blue
2pm – Hot Pink vs Forest Green
3pm – Cardinal vs Purple
1pm – Forest Green vs Purple
2pm – Cardinal vs Charcoal
3pm – Royal Blue vs Hot Pink
1pm – 3rd Place vs 6th Place
2pm – 4th Place vs 5th Place
3pm – 2nd Place vs Winner of 2:00
4pm – 1st Place vs Winner of 3:00
1pm – 6th Place vs 4th Place
2pm – 3rd Place vs 5th Place
3pm – 2nd Place vs 1st Place